Thursday, 7 April 2011

Question 8 Overall!

FINALY IT HAS COME TO AN END!.. HOW SAD? :(

BLOGGING WAS A WHOLE NEW EXPERIENCE FOR ME, AS I HAVE NEVER BLOGGED BEFORE.  I AM GRATEFUL THAT WE HAVE BEEN ABE TO GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO DO THESE THINGS IN OUR MEDIA LESSON. I HAVE LEARNT A LOT 9OF NEW THINGS THESE PAST FEW WEEKS AND I AM GOING TO SHOW YOU.


video video 
Pre Production

This is our first prelim we did months ago. I remember doing this we had no idea what we were doing, but got the hang of it as we went along. For our prelim we didnt really plan but just more or less went along with what we had. We didnt even have a planning location and so we filmed in the college canteen. We didnt plan the timing of our prelim and how long it will take for us to get our equipment together or book them. Unlike our final production we didnt create a clear storyboard labelling the shots and so, we had tio alter while filming and this was time wasting.







In our final production, we thought more about the planning than ever before, to the extent of making a list of all the equipment we needed for the day and making a filming schedule. we planned for several lessons to make sure that we knew what we wanted our final production to be like and choosing who wanted to play the characters. We were organised especially the second time of our filming and made sure to take extra batteries, an extra light for our shots to be brighter. We didn't waste time talking as bout the shots we were going to do, as we had our story board with which we used as a guide the whole through completing our final production







Production 

Filming our final prelim, we didnt really consider the type of shots we wanetd to use or how wen wanted to convey our characters, We end up filming in our college outfits and filming in our college canteen with the hustle and bustle of people about. We didn't acknowledge time. Now filming our final production we have learned how to consider time management and know what were filming next. We didnt waste time filming our final production we wanted to use. Throughout our filming we considered the shots we needed and the clothes while filming so the shots didn't seem out of place. For example, wearing a red lipstick before actually putting it on. We made sure we refilmed the same shot 3/4 times in different angles so that when it came to editing we had a variety, unlike our prelim where we only had a very small range of shots to choose from. Thus working with whatever we had.









Post Production

Our camera skills have massively improved from our first prelim. In our first prelim we did a good job with including a range of shots and angles to show our characters superiority.

However in our final production we have included different camera moves such as panning to create suspense. In our prelim we didn't think about the different ways we could create suspense but now using things such as props and lighting we managed to create suspense in an intriguing way to keep the audience engaged. The title sequence in our prelim is very basic, and almost looks similar to our final production title sequence. In our final production we have learnt about time management and knowing what title to put after the next and to consider the time distance in between. We used the art of thh title lesson to think about using either serif or sans serif font and in the end we used serif fonts to represent formality and femininity.

In our prelim, we were still learning how to use final cut pro and making sure that the shots fit in well and knowing which shots to keep or delete.Using final cut pro became very easy and even learning the basics such as saving properly, rendering, using the effects and so on, became a breeze to us. We learned to pay more attention to the things around us, such as, the background, and props. For example, the characters in our prelim we wearing normal clothes and we are not in character. Now shooting and editing our final production we have thought about the clothing the background, mise en scene, such as the use of wig, lipstick, high heels and even room colour. Editing our final production was fun as we began to use soundtrack pro as well. Soundtrack pro was not a favourite of ours in the editing of our prelim, but in our pro production we enjoyed mixing around with the sound and learning how to use the software properly. we even learned how to import sound and used the internet and youtube effectively for research of our final sound. We thought about our sound carefully and tried to incorporate our inspirational sound within. We also thought about the diegetic and non diegetic sound, and which sound effects we would want to use, in the end we just had the music over our opening through out, without sound effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment